This week, we are picking up Sour Cream for just $.49 at Fry’s – it’s a great time to stock up – I picked up 6 over the course of this weekend and am using it to make inexpensive Sour Cream Coffee Cake.
You can top this cake with a few Heath Bars smashed up – or, if you’re not open to that, just the regular topping without the Heath Bars works well too.
My cane sugar was a little lumpy, and I was in a hurry to get it made, so I didn’t work out the lumps – but it tasted just fine.
- 1/2 C Margarine, room temp (or you can use butter, whatever you have)
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 C Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 container of sour cream 12 oz
- Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 C. Sugar
- 1/4 C. Brown Sugar
- A few Heath Bars Smashed Up (MMMn!)
Blend the butter & sugar, add the eggs, and blend well. Then in the meantime mix the dry ingredients, toss them in with the wet ingredients and pour half the batter into a greased pan.
Add half the topping, and then top with the rest of the wet mixture. Add the rest of the topping. Toss in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes – I usually try to test with a knife at that point, if it’s done the knife inserted in the center will come out clean. We eat ours with Cool Whip (if I have it available).
Please see my disclosure policy.
- Recipe | Copycat Crock Pot Mexican Bean Dip
- Peanut Butter $.99 at Fry’s + 20 Peanut Butter Recipes
- National Pie Day | 14 Pie Recipes from Chocolate to Peanut Butter, Banana & More
- 28 Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes